I’m a clinical psychologist with 20 years experience providing therapy, supervision and training. I believe that a good working relationship is at the heart of therapy and my style is supportive and collaborative as I work with clients to achieve their goals. I use a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) framework to guide my work; however experience in a number of other psychotherapy methods allows me to creatively adapt my approach to suit the individual.
Special interest areas
- Effective therapies for depression and anxiety
- Processing grief and life changes
- Building self esteem and self compassion
- Reassessment and strategies for problems that have not responded to previous therapy
- Personal development
- Interview skills training
- Professional supervision
- Educator/practitioner for the University of Canterbury Clinical Psychology Training Programme for 10 years
- Research therapist providing CBT, Schema Therapy and Interpersonal Therapy for clients on research trials for 7 years
- Certificated Psychodramatist (Action Methods) 10+ years of training and experience
- Registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board, Clinical Scope of Practice
- Member of the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists (NZCCP)
- Member of the Australian and Aotearoa New Zealand Psychodrama Association (AANZPA)
- I regularly attend professional supervision and ongoing training
- $200 for first session; the initial assessment takes 90 minutes and fee includes writing a brief summary letter if required. If you require a full assessment report this will be charged at an hourly rate.
- Cost of therapy sessions (55 minutes): Sliding scale from $180 to $120. Lower rate is for students or Community Service Card holders. Please inquire for more information.
- Payment is due at the time of appointment (cash or internet banking preferred).